# Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz PDF 13: A Comprehensive Guide to the Interpretation of the Quran
If you are looking for a reliable and easy-to-understand commentary on the Quran, you may want to check out Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz PDF 13. This is a book written by KH. Bisri Mustofa, a prominent Indonesian scholar and father of Gus Mus (KH. Mustofa Bisri). The book covers the entire 30 chapters (juz) of the Quran in three volumes, using the Javanese script (Pegon).
## What is Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz?
Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz is a work of exegesis (tafsir) that explains the meanings and implications of the Quranic verses. The author, KH. Bisri Mustofa, was born in Rembang, Central Java, in 1898 and died in 1975. He was a respected figure in the Nahdlatul Ulama (NU) organization and a teacher of many prominent ulama in Indonesia.
The title of the book, Al Ibriz, means "the pure gold" in Arabic. It reflects the author's intention to present the pure and authentic teachings of Islam based on the Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). The book also incorporates the opinions of various classical and contemporary scholars, especially those from the Shafi'i school of jurisprudence.
The book was written in Javanese, using the Pegon script, which is a modified form of Arabic script adapted for writing Javanese. The author chose this language and script because he wanted to reach out to the common people who spoke Javanese as their mother tongue. He also wanted to preserve the rich heritage of Javanese Islamic literature that dates back to the 15th century.
## How to Download Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz PDF 13?
If you are interested in reading Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz PDF 13, you can download it for free from various online sources. One of them is the Internet Archive, which offers a scanned version of the original book in PDF format. You can also find other formats such as EPUB and MOBI on the same website.
Another source is Duta Islam, which provides a PDF version of Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz 30 Juz (3 Jilid Full). This is a more recent edition that has been revised and corrected by a team of scholars led by KH. Sya'roni Ahmadi, who also teaches Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz regularly in Kudus, Central Java.
To download Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz PDF 13 from these sources, you need to have a stable internet connection and enough storage space on your device. You also need to have a PDF reader application that can display Pegon script correctly. Alternatively, you can print out the PDF file and read it as a hard copy.
## Why You Should Read Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz PDF 13?
There are many benefits of reading Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz PDF 13, especially if you are a native speaker of Javanese or familiar with its culture and history. Some of these benefits are:
- You can learn more about the Quran and its interpretation from a reputable and authoritative source.
- You can appreciate the beauty and eloquence of the Javanese language and script that convey the message of Islam.
- You can gain insight into the local context and perspective of Indonesian Islam that reflects its diversity and richness.
- You can enhance your knowledge and understanding of Islamic jurisprudence, theology, ethics, spirituality, history, and culture.
- You can develop your critical thinking and analytical skills by comparing and contrasting different opinions and evidences presented in the book.
## How to Read Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz PDF 13?
Reading Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz PDF 13 can be a rewarding and enjoyable experience if you follow some tips and guidelines. Here are some suggestions on how to read Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz PDF 13 effectively:
- Start with the introduction (muqaddimah) that explains the purpose, method, and structure of the book.
- Read each chapter (juz) according to its order or according to your preference and interest.
- Pay attention to the headings (rubu') that
- Pay attention to the headings (rubu') that divide each chapter into sections based on the topics or themes of the Quranic verses.
- Read the translation (tarjamah) of each verse that gives the literal meaning of the Arabic words in Javanese.
- Read the commentary (tafsir) of each verse that explains its background, context, implication, and application in detail.
- Refer to the footnotes (ta'liq) that provide additional information, such as the sources, references, quotations, and opinions of other scholars.
- Reflect on the lessons and messages that you can derive from each verse and how they relate to your life and situation.
## What are Some Features of Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz PDF 13?
Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz PDF 13 has some distinctive features that make it different from other books of tafsir. Some of these features are:
- It uses a thematic approach that organizes the Quranic verses according to their topics or themes, rather than their chronological order or revelation.
- It adopts a moderate and balanced view that avoids extremism and sectarianism and respects the diversity and plurality of opinions within Islam.
- It emphasizes the practical and ethical aspects of Islam that aim to improve the moral and spiritual condition of the individual and society.
- It incorporates the local wisdom and culture of Javanese Islam that reflects its tolerance, harmony, and syncretism.
- It uses a simple and clear language that is accessible and understandable to the common people.
Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz PDF 13 is a valuable and unique resource for anyone who wants to learn more about the Quran and its interpretation from an Indonesian perspective. It is a masterpiece of Javanese Islamic literature that combines scholarship and piety. It is also a testament to the legacy and contribution of KH. Bisri Mustofa, one of the most influential ulama in Indonesia. By reading Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz PDF 13, you can enrich your knowledge and appreciation of Islam and Javanese culture.
- The biography and achievements of KH. Bisri Mustofa and his family.
- The history and development of Javanese Islamic literature and Pegon script.
- The comparison and contrast of Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz with other books of tafsir, such as Tafsir Al-Misbah, Tafsir Al-Azhar, Tafsir Tajul Muslimin, and Tafsir Al-Iklil.
- The reception and impact of Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz in Indonesia and abroad, especially in Suriname where it is popular among the Javanese community.
- The challenges and opportunities of preserving and promoting Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz in the digital era.
## The Biography and Achievements of KH. Bisri Mustofa and His Family
KH. Bisri Mustofa was born in Rembang, Central Java, on 10 October 1898. He was the son of KH. Mustofa and Nyai Hj. Siti Aminah. He came from a noble family that traced its lineage to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) through his grandson Hasan ibn Ali.
He began his education at his father's pesantren (Islamic boarding school) in Rembang, where he learned the basics of Islamic sciences, such as Quran, hadith, fiqh, tawhid, and tasawuf. He also studied Arabic and Javanese languages and literature. He continued his studies at various pesantren in Java, such as Pesantren Tebuireng in Jombang, Pesantren Gontor in Ponorogo, and Pesantren Langitan in Tuban.
He became a teacher and a preacher at a young age, spreading the message of Islam to the people. He was also involved in social and political activities, such as joining the Sarekat Islam (Islamic Union) and the Nahdlatul Ulama (NU) organizations. He was known for his moderate and tolerant views that respected the diversity and plurality of opinions within Islam.
He wrote several books on various topics of Islam, such as fiqh, tawhid, tasawuf, tafsir, hadith, and history. His most famous work is Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz, which he completed in 1967 after 20 years of writing. He also wrote Kitab Al-Ma'rifah (The Book of Knowledge), Kitab Al-Hikmah (The Book of Wisdom), Kitab Al-Ihsan (The Book of Excellence), Kitab Al-Munjiyat (The Book of Salvation), and Kitab Al-Muqaddimah (The Book of Introduction).
He married four times and had 15 children. His first wife was Nyai Hj. Siti Fatimah, who bore him six children: KH. Mustofa Bisri (Gus Mus), KH. Ahmad Bisri (Gus Ahm), KH. Abdul Qodir Bisri (Gus Qod), Nyai Hj. Siti Aisyah (Bu Mus), Nyai Hj. Siti Khadijah (Bu Ahm), and Nyai Hj. Siti Zainab (Bu Qod). His second wife was Nyai Hj. Siti Aminah II, who bore him two children: KH. Abdul Wahid Bisri (Gus Wah) and Nyai Hj. Siti Maryam (Bu Wah). His third wife was Nyai Hj. Siti Zainab II, who bore him four children: KH. Abdul Ghofur Bisri (Gus Fur), KH. Abdul Halim Bisri (Gus Lim), Nyai Hj. Siti Fatimah II (Bu Fur), and Nyai Hj. Siti Aisyah II (Bu Lim). His fourth wife was Nyai Hj. Siti Khadijah II, who bore him three children: KH. Abdul Aziz Bisri (Gus Aziz), KH. Abdul Majid Bisri (Gus Majid), and Nyai Hj. Siti Zainab III (Bu Aziz).
He passed away on 5 September 1975 at the age of 76. He was buried in his pesantren in Rembang, where his tomb became a place of pilgrimage for many Muslims who seek his blessings and intercession.
His legacy lives on through his family and his students who continue to spread the teachings of Islam in Indonesia and abroad. Many of his children and grandchildren became prominent ulama, scholars, writers, poets, artists, activists, and leaders in various fields of society.
Pegon was also used to write other languages besides Javanese, such as Sundanese, Madurese, and Banjarese. Pegon was widely used in Java until the early 20th century, when it was gradually replaced by Latin script and Indonesian language due to the influence of colonialism, nationalism, and modernization.
However, Pegon is still used and preserved by some groups and communities in Java, especially those who are affiliated with traditional pesantren and NU. Pegon is also taught and learned by some scholars and enthusiasts who appreciate its historical and cultural value. Pegon is also used to write some contemporary works of Javanese Islamic literature, such as Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz.
Javanese Islamic literature is a valuable and unique heritage that showcases the diversity and richness of Islam in Java. It is also a source of inspiration and guidance for many Muslims who seek to understand and practice Islam in their own context and culture. By reading Javanese Islamic literature, you can explore the beauty and wisdom of Javanese Islam.
Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz PDF 13 is a remarkable and outstanding work of Javanese Islamic literature that offers a comprehensive and insightful interpretation of the Quran. It is written by KH. Bisri Mustofa, a prominent and respected ulama in Indonesia who came from a noble and scholarly family. It is written in Javanese, using the Pegon script, which is a modified form of Arabic script adapted for writing Javanese.
Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz PDF 13 is a valuable and unique resource for anyone who wants to learn more about the Quran and its interpretation from an Indonesian perspective. It is also a testament to the legacy and contribution of KH. Bisri Mustofa and his family who continue to spread the teachings of Islam in Indonesia and abroad. By reading Kitab Tafsir Al Ibriz PDF 13, you can enrich your knowledge and appreciation of Islam and Javanese culture. d282676c82